VETERAN BENEFIT REVIEW
Welcome to San Jacinto College Veteran Services. Whether you have used your educational benefits before or are new to higher education, our office is here to assist you.
Veteran Centers at North, South, and Central Campuses are open during normal working hours for support and are a resource area specifically for veterans and their dependents. Each office has a School Certifying Official (SCO) to assist you with questions about educational planning and certification.
You can reach an SCO on campus or remotely. Veteran Services offers in-person and online advising with online certification requests and documents uploaded via the Certification Request Form tab on the left.
Do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-998-6150 x1366.
Thank you for choosing San Jacinto College, Your Goals. Your College.
Our campuses are open for walk-in assistance. For more information on ways to connect with our offices, including virtual appointments, click the link below.
The Joint Services Transcript (JST) provides a description of military schooling and work history in civilian language. It serves as a counseling tool for academic and career counselors in advising service members and veterans. It serves as an aid in preparing resumes and explaining Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, National Guard and Navy work experience to civilian employers and schools. It also saves time and money by awarding academic credits, which means less tuition to pay and less time spent in the classroom. When you complete a military school or training, you may earn college credit hours toward your degree. You MUST submit your official JST transcript to San Jacinto College for evaluation of credits in your degree plan. The JST will show the date you completed AIT, OCS or BOLC.
- You must have a student log in to SOS (student ID# required) to submit a certification request.
- Go to the certification tab and use your SOS log in credentials
- Submit all required documents in one submission
- Submit a request every semester
- Register early for classes
- Request certification early
- Submit changes to your registration immediately
- Check your balances in SOS for fees and tuition not covered by benefits.
For a quick and easy experience, VA highly recommends using text message verification. When your enrollment is processed by VA, you will receive a text message from VA to opt into text message verification.
Reply “YES” to opt-in. You will receive a text confirming you have opted in.
- The text message link will expire in 14 days. After that, you will be automatically enrolled in email verification.
If you reply “NO” or cannot receive texts, you will be automatically enrolled in email verification.
Text: On the last day of each month, you will receive a text message requesting enrollment verification for that month.
Reply “YES” to verify your enrollment.
- If you don’t reply within 6 days, the conversation will close and you will need to call the Education Call Center (ECC) at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) to verify your enrollment.
If your enrollment status has changed, reply “NO.” Please contact your School Certifying Official (SCO) to ensure your enrollment record with VA has been adjusted.
Email: If you opted out of text messages and/or have enrolled in email verification, on the last day of each month, you will receive an email requesting enrollment verification for that month.
Select “Yes, my enrollment is the same” to verify your enrollment.
- If you don’t select a response within 14 days, the conversation will close and you will need to call the ECC to verify your enrollment.
If your enrollment status has changed, select “No, my enrollment has changed.”
Please contact your SCO to ensure your enrollment record with VA has been adjusted.
If you verify enrollment each month and still qualify to receive MHA and/or kicker benefits, your payments will continue uninterrupted.
****If you fail to verify for two consecutive months, your MHA and/or kicker will be placed on hold. You will need to call the ECC to verify your enrollment and have your payments released.***