Help others get and stay fit! Using nationally recognized curriculum, our personal trainer instructors have the expertise to jump-start your fitness career. You’ll improve your own health while encouraging others to do the same.
Degrees & Certificates
- Application Information and Deadlines
Process for enrollment in the Personal Trainer Program:
- Apply to and be accepted to San Jacinto College if not currently enrolled.
- Contact the Department Chair (Health Sciences - South) at email@example.com. Please also ensure that your email address and telephone number are correct when sending your email.
- A representative from the Personal Trainer program will contact you prior to fall registration and advise on the correct courses to register for.
Course Title Credits FITT 1237 Personal Training 2 FITT 2413 Exercise Science 4 FITT 2301 Lifestyle Change for Wellness 3 FITT 1301 Fitness and Exercise Testing 3 First Term Credits 12
Course Title Credits FITT 2309 Theory of Exercise Program Design and Instruction 3 FITT 2471 Kinesiology and Biomechanics 4 FITT 1303 Fitness Event Planning and Promotion 3 FITT 2311 Prevention and Care of Exercise Injury (will include CPR/First Aid) 3 FITT 1164 Practicum Health and Physical Education, General 1 Second Term Credits 14 Total Credits 26
Capstone experience: FITT 2309 Theory of Exercise Program Design and Instruction.
Eligible for any nationally recognized personal trainer credentialing exam.
- Approximate Program Costs
- Information Sessions
All information sessions will be held as a Zoom webinar. See details below.
Date/Time Webinar Join Link