The San Jacinto Accounting Specialist Fast Track program exposes students to the basic accounting cycle from the source documents to the post-closing documents including bank procedures, payroll, payroll taxes and cash control. Students will have hands-on experience analyzing, recording, journalizing and posting.
From business and industry to government and education, a foundation in accounting specialist skills serves many different types of organizations and companies.
Dates & Times
Sept 6-Oct 27, 2022
Tuesdays & Thursdays
6:00pm – 9:30pm
- Understand accounting concepts and procedures
- Analyze and journalize business transactions (debits and credits)
- Post to the ledger and prepare the trial balance
- Prepare a worksheet and the financial statements from the worksheet
- Post adjusting entries and closing entries
- Prepare a post-closing trail balance
- Understand banking procedures and control of cash
- Calculate pay and payroll taxes
- Pay, record, and report payroll and payroll taxes