Returning Student Readmission

We’re glad you’re back! The readmission steps at San Jac depend on your application status and class attendance. Read on to determine your next steps.

Please be ready to present a valid photo ID (state, federal, San Jac, or high school ID) when meeting with an advisor. If no ID is presented, any information shared will be limited.

What best describes your situation?
Cosmetology Instructor
I applied and attended classes at San Jac within the past 12 months

Relax, you're all set – there's no need to reapply. You are considered a continuing student and can go ahead and register for classes.

Educational Planning, Counseling, and Completion (EPCC) is available to assist you with any registration holds, academic issues, and personal counseling questions.

Return to Work with PPE
I applied to San Jac, but never took any classes

You'll need to reapply since you never attended San Jac. We do have some good news, however: If you applied within the last year, you can copy your previous application and save some time. See instructions below.

student sits alone in computer lab with attention focused on computer screen
I applied, but took classes over a year ago

You need to reapply because it’s been over a year since you attended San Jac and your record has been inactivated. Also, after a year your application is most likely no longer in the Apply Texas system, so you will need to start a new application. See instructions below.

Please note: Continuing and professional development courses do NOT count towards classes taken within the past 12 months as far as continuous enrollment is considered.


Readmission Instructions

Tips for Reapplying

  In Apply Texas, you can copy a previous application to reapply to San Jac as long as you do it within a year. Here is a PDF with instructions.

Need assistance completing your application or checking your application status? Get help.

Follow these steps to get readmitted at San Jacinto College:

  1. Are you a traditional high school graduate, GED recipient, HiSET recipient, or home school graduate? Complete the free ApplyTexas online application.
  2. If you are NOT a high school graduate, GED recipient, or HiSET recipient, but are done with high school, then you also should use the ApplyTexas application.
  3. Have you graduated high school within the past three months and taken dual credit classes during your senior year? Go to the application steps for dual credit students.
  4. If you attended another college or university since you last attended San Jac, make arrangements to have official transcripts sent to us.
  5. We also strongly suggest that you connect with an advisor to make sure you’re on track to complete your certificate or degree at San Jacinto College.

Finished with your application? Take the next steps.