Child Care Assistance

Let San Jac help you pay for child care while you attend classes!

If you are currently enrolled in San Jacinto College and have a child in child care, you are eligible for assistance. All you need to do is apply!

If you qualify, the College will either pay a San Jac campus child care center directly or reimburse you for payments made to an off-campus child care facility. Your child must be enrolled in a child care facility at the time of application.

Please refer to the details below for more information.


Apply Now


Application linked above will forward to the appropriate funding department.


  1. Enroll part-time or full-time at San Jac. This can include credit or non-credit courses.
  2. Submit the HEERF Childcare Assistance application.
  3. Submit the vendor set-up packet with direct deposit form (if being directly reimbursed for childcare expenses)
  4. Submit your paid fee receipt and class schedule from San Jac.


  1. You must be enrolled at San Jac before submitting the childcare assistance application.
  2. Child care assistance is only for the days and times you are attending classes at San Jac.
  3. Your assistance amount will be calculated based on your class schedule and available grant funds.
  4. If qualified, you may receive full or partial child care funding depending on availability of grant funds. You will be responsible for any amount that exceeds the grant coverage.
  5. All awards are contingent upon available funding. Award is subject to cancellation when funds are no longer available.
  6. Any child care facility must be licensed with the State of Texas. No Private baby-sitters or family members.
  7. You must immediately notify the College via email at of any changes in your class schedule/changes to childcare or cancellation of classes and additional childcare funding. Failure to do so may result in immediate discontinuation of funding and liability for all charges incurred. 


Who is eligible?

Every student who attends San Jac and was affected by the pandemic can apply. This includes transfer students, traditional students, continuing education students, dual credit students, adult education students and technical students.

Do I need to be a current student to get this money?

Yes. Your child must be enrolled in a child care facility at the time of application.

You need to be currently enrolled at San Jac to receive child care assistance.

How much can I receive?

Award amounts will vary based on each student child care requirements.

What can I do with the grant assistance?

These funds are granted through the Higher Ed Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) and may be used by students for pay their cost of child care.

  • Reimbursement amounts vary depending on part-time or full-time student status.
  • Funds may be used at any daycare facility. We will work with you and your daycare facility to determine invoicing and payment.

Reimbursement amount will be distributed to your Bank account.

What if I owe San Jac a past due balance and can’t register?

Additional emergency relief funds are available, so explore options here, and visit with an academic advisor if further assistance is needed. Please remember, you need to be currently enrolled at San Jac to receive child care assistance.

Can I apply for assistance more than once?

Yes! You can apply for child care assistance each semester or until all funds have been awarded.

Processing dates vary for reimbursement. 

Will receiving assistance impact or reduce my financial aid awards or benefits?

No! Financial aid is unaffected by Higher Ed Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF).

Do I have to complete a FAFSA/TASFA to receive assistance?

No, you are not required to complete a FASFA/TASFA to receive the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) child care assistance. However, we always recommend that you complete a financial aid application because you could qualify for other assistance.

You should complete an application even if you think that you would not qualify.