The College Preparatory Department will prepare students to succeed in college-level courses by using an integrated and holistic approach, building upon the strengths of the students.
College Preparatory is supervised by Associate Vice Chancellor Dr. Rebecca Goosen. Our department includes several academic areas and special programs to meet the needs of our students. Our current programs include:
- We currently offer four developmental math foundation courses in the following areas: Algebra, Finite Math, Statistics & Contemporary Math
- We also offer accelerated math programs that pair a college prep foundation course with a college level course. These are our Co-Requisite Programs: AIM (Acceleration in Mathematics), ABS (Math for Business & Social Science or Finite) ASAP (Statistics), ACM (Contemporary Math)
- We currently offer two levels of INRW (Integrated Reading & Writing)
- GUST (College Student Success)
- We offer Intermediate & Advanced levels of ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
- Intentional Connections Learning Communities – students take three classes together as a group and focus is on career pathways and building soft skills. Courses include Integrated Reading & Writing Courses and a GUST.
- NCBO (Non-Course Based Options)